Nine Warriors selected for second Argentina Test
Nine Glasgow Warriors will be pulling on a Scotland jersey in Salta on Saturday night, as Gregor Townsend’s side looks to level their three-match series with Argentina.
The contingent includes seven of the Warriors that played in last weekend’s clash in Jujuy are once again selected in the matchday 23, with four Glasgow stars lining up for the opening kick-off.
🆕 OUT NOW
Our community special edition of Warrior is available to read now!
We're also making the issue FREE to everyone, as we celebrate the grassroots game 🤩
Don't miss out - read it here! 👉 https://t.co/MKKlxo9tg0 pic.twitter.com/hGHvdfhfh4
— Glasgow Warriors (@GlasgowWarriors) July 4, 2022
Of that quartet, Zander Fagerson is the most experienced named in the starting XV, as the tight-head wins his 49th cap in the famous dark blue jersey.
Having made his return from injury off the bench last weekend, Rory Darge is promoted from the replacements to start at blindside flanker.
Matt Fagerson joins elder brother Zander in the starting pack, having jointly topped the tackle charts for Scotland with 10 in the first Test.
Behind the scrum, Sam Johnson is the only Glasgow starter in the back division, as the centre retains the number 12 jersey.
Five further Warriors are named on the replacements bench, including the return of Scott Cummings to Test rugby after the second-row impressed against Chile for Scotland A.
George Turner rotates to the bench after starting last time out, continuing his run of being named in each Scotland matchday squad in 2022 to date.
Ali Price is another to switch to the bench, the scrum-half’s tally of 52 caps making him the most experienced replacement available to Townsend and his coaching team.
Ross Thompson is retained in the matchday 23 as specialist fly-half cover, having been the only unused replacement in the first Test.
The Glasgow group is completed by Jamie Bhatti, with the prop coming into the squad after missing out last weekend.
You can watch the match live on Sky Sports this weekend, with kick-off in Salta scheduled for 8.10pm BST.
Scotland team to face Argentina at the Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena, Salta, live on Sky Sports, Saturday 9 July - kick-off 8.10pm BST.
15. Rory Hutchinson - Northampton Saints - 6 caps
14. Darcy Graham - Edinburgh Rugby - 28 caps
13. Mark Bennett - Edinburgh Rugby - 25 caps
12. Sam Johnson - Glasgow Warriors - 25 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe - Worcester Warriors - 17 caps
10. Blair Kinghorn - Edinburgh Rugby - 32 caps
9. Ben White - London Irish - 5 caps
1. Pierre Schoeman - Edinburgh Rugby- 10 caps
2. Dave Cherry - Edinburgh Rugby - 5 caps
3. Zander Fagerson - Glasgow Warriors - 48 caps
4. Sam Skinner - Edinburgh Rugby - 21 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist - Edinburgh Rugby - (Captain) - 54 caps
6. Rory Darge - Glasgow Warriors - 5 caps
7. Hamish Watson - Edinburgh Rugby (Vice-Captain) – 49 caps
8. Matt Fagerson - Glasgow Warriors - 22 caps
16. George Turner - Glasgow Warriors - 26 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti - Glasgow Warriors - 23 caps
18. Javan Sebastian - Scarlets - 2 caps
19. Scott Cummings - Glasgow Warriors - 21 caps
20. Andy Christie - Saracens - 1 cap
21. Ali Price - Glasgow Warriors - 52 caps
22. Ross Thompson - Glasgow Warriors - 1 cap
23. Kyle Rowe - London Irish - 0 caps