Zebre V Glasgow Warriors

Glasgow Warriors made it seven GUINNESS PRO12 wins on the trot as second-half Ali Price and Alex Dunbar tries quelled a lively early display from Zebre.

Few could argue that Zebre did not deserve their 14-7 lead heading into half-time, Leonardo Sarto a particular standout as his try, allied to Guglielmo Palazzani's effort, handed them the advantage.

Fraser Brown had barrelled over in between those scores but the Warriors did not truly come alive until the second half came around.

They wasted little time as Price and Dunbar had crossed by 50 minutes gone, and the bonus-point win seemed secure when Peter Horne joined the scorers midway through the half.

The floodgates opened in the last ten minutes as Taqele Naiyaravoro, Jerry Yanuyanutawa and then Horne again got in on the act, and Glasgow finished up with the win that sees them leapfrog Scarlets into third.

However the Italians raced out of the traps, forcing the visitors onto the backfoot and Ali Price did well to clear his side's lines after a chip over the defence.

Zebre were not to squander their early dominance though as after superb interchanges between the backs, Sarto - who is heading to Glasgow next season - raced across in the corner. Fellow Italy international Carlo Canna was spot on with the conversion.

Shortly after, Peter Horne could not quite gather in the ball with a try surely on and then brave resistance saw Zebre repel the danger from the scrum.

The Glasgow breakthrough came on the quarter-hour when, after Jonny Gray's surge into the 22, Fraser Brown bustled over and Duncan Weir's conversion tied up the scores.

At the other end, the Warriors were still struggling to contain the lively Sarto and just five minutes on from Brown's score, Zebre retook the lead.

Sarto was at the move's heart but fellow Italy man Palazzani got the touch down, and the extras from Canna extended the advantage back out to seven points.

Things got harder for Glasgow as Brown was forced off the field in place of Pat McArthur, on his 100th PRO12 appearance, but Gonzalo Garcia's penalty miss earned them a reprieve.

Zebre ended the half on top though the visitors deserved credit for remaining defiant and the score remained 14-7 heading into half-time.

Glasgow were a renewed forced in the second half and Naiyaravoro forced the issue up the field.

When the ball came back to the opposite flank, Tommy Seymour was bustled into touch though it did not take long before the Warriors were smiling.

It came via a fine solo effort from Ali Price, as starting from outside Zebre's 22, he found enough space to crash over between the posts - and the conversion from Weir made it all square again.

And the turnaround was complete when Scotland centre Dunbar ran a scything angle and nothing was coming between him and the whitewash when he collected the ball.

With Weir's conversion, suddenly Glasgow led by seven and a bonus-point win looked on the cards by the time Horne finished a patient move in the 58th minute.

A complication came in the form of McArthur's sin-bin on the hour-mark and it sparked a period of end-to-end action, with Dunbar again looking dangerous after a fantastic break.

But the score had not changed by the time McArthur was reintroduced and upon his return Glasgow stepped on the gas.

Naiyaravoro, Yanuyanutawa and Horne scored quickfire tries which made sure of another emphatic win for the Warriors.

live commentary 7:30 PM Friday 8 Apr 2016

{{ comment.matchTime }}


    To be announced, please try back later

    To be announced, please try back later


    To be announced, please try back later

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to Glasgow Warriors mailing lists today to receive the latest club news, ticket alerts, merchandise alerts, community rugby activities and offers from our Sponsors & Partners.

sign up