Glasgow Warriors V Benetton Treviso

Glasgow Warriors battled their way to a 13-6 win over Treviso, as Adam Ashe’s late try proved to be the difference between the two sides. Adam Ashe

Chris Fusaro led the team out on his 100th appearance for the club ahead of a game where Gregor Townsend fielded a strong team, with Finn Russell, Jonny Gray and Stuart Hogg all starting. Alex Dunbar and Mark Bennett also made up a formidable partnership in the centre of midfield.

The Warriors started well, with Finn Russell slotting an early penalty, but Treviso hit back and were level after 10 minutes through a Jayden Hayward kick.

The match was a struggle at times, with the Warriors unable to create any scoring opportunities, and on the half hour mark Treviso took the lead through Hayward with a penalty.

At the end of the first half, the Warriors had their first real attack of the game but some lacklustre passing allowed the visitors to intercept the ball and sprint up the pitch, all of a sudden piling pressure on Glasgow. From that counter-attack, they were given a penalty but skewed it wide of the posts from close range.

At the break the Warriors trailed 6-3.Alex Dunbar

Early in the second-half, Glasgow failed to find their mojo and could have been further behind but for Jayden Hayward missing his second penalty in a row, rattling the ball wide from long-range.

In front of a capacity crowd Glasgow were struggling to find a way through the Treviso defence. Camped in the Italian side’s 22, the weather wasn’t helping matters, as the heavens opened midway through the second period.

Gregor Townsend’s side were now hammering away at the Treviso line, and were awarded a penalty five metres out in front of the posts with ten minutes remaining. However, the Warriors turned down the chance of three points, opting instead to take the scrum.

From the resulting set-piece, Glasgow finally found a breakthrough. Replacement scrum-half Ali Price found Adam Ashe close to the line, and the Scotland Number 8 powered his way over for a try to cap a man-of-the-match winning performance. Duncan Weir added the extras, and Glasgow were in front.

With their noses in front, the Warriors kept the pressure on as they looked to secure the win, and were rewarded with a penalty after 78 minutes. Weir made no mistake, leaving the final score at 13-6 to Glasgow as they continue their climb up the PRO12 table.

live commentary 7:35 PM Friday 27 Nov 2015

{{ comment.matchTime }}


    To be announced, please try back later

    To be announced, please try back later


    To be announced, please try back later

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.

sign up