Glasgow Warriors v Stade Toulousain

Glasgow Warriors lost to Toulouse for the second week in a row, collecting a losing bonus point, making the next two matches in the competition extremely crucial.

The result leaves Toulouse six-points clear at the top of the pool, with third-placed Bath level on points with the Warriors.

Toulouse were on top early on and led 6-3 at the break. In the second period Sebestien Bezy was on form once again and doubled Toulouse’s lead. Glasgow on the other hand managed two more kicks but it wasn’t enough on a day where Toulouse edged the game.

Richie Vernon earned a start for Glasgow Warriors and Tim Swinson came in for Leone Nakarawa in the second row while flanker Ryan Wilson took over from the injured Chris Fusaro.

Wing Yoann Huget, prop Gurthro Steenkamp and flanker Thierry Dusautoir started for the visitors. Vincent Clerc dropped to the bench while Vasil Kakovin and Imanol Harinordoquy missed out on selection.

The Warriors started promisingly but after nine minutes they were 3-0 down.

Glasgow provided an instant response though and their attacking endeavor was awarded with two penalties in quick succession with Finn Russell slotting the first one to draw level but skewing the second kick wide of the sticks.

After 20 minutes, Tim Swinson was penalised for infringing at a ruck and a penalty was awarded which Bezy converted, giving his side a 6-3 lead.

They then had a chance to increase their advantage three minutes later but Bezy rifled it wide.

The first half was extremely tight, due to the importance of the game and Hogg had a chance to draw Glasgow level with a long range effort and although the kick had the distance it lacked direction meaning the Warriors were 6-3 behind at the break.Early on in the second period Finn Russell was given the chance to draw the Warriors level but agonizingly dragged it wide.

Toulouse then increased their lead after 48 minutes before making it 12-3 on 58 minutes through Bezy.

At that point the Scotstoun crowd were silenced but the Warriors made a number of changes, including the introduction of fly-half Duncan Weir.

After 66 minutes, the crowd were on their feet when Weir fired the ball between the sticks to put Glasgow within six points of Toulouse’s total.

After 73 minutes, the Warriors won a penalty and opted to go for the sticks, with Weir converting.

In the dying moments, the Scotstoun crowd were deafeningly loud but the players weren’t able to get a late score to secure a famous win and had to make it do with the losing bonus point.

Next Saturday the Warriors host Munster in a crucial top of the table clash in the GUINNESS PRO12

live commentary 1:00 PM Saturday 13 Dec 2014

{{ comment.matchTime }}


    To be announced, please try back later

    To be announced, please try back later


    To be announced, please try back later

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.

sign up