Benetton Treviso 16-38 Glasgow Warriors

Tommy Seymour's treble, as well as a score for Gordon Reid, ensured it was a comfortable victory for the Warriors at Stadio Monigo, taking their winning streak in the RaboDirect PRO12 to seven.

If Glasgow win at home to Zebre next Saturday they will secure a home play-off for this first time in their history.

After a tense opening ten minutes, it was Treviso who were first on the scoreboard when the Warriors were pinged in front of the posts - Mat Berquist on target with the penalty.

But the visitors didn't have to wait long to level and following a fine kick forward by scrum-half Henry Pyrgos, Finn Russell was presented with a tricky penalty that he made look easy.

Midway through the first half, the Warriors took control with the first try of the match when Seymour kicked a loose ball forward from near halfway and raced clear to dot down.

Russell converted but straight from the restart, the Warriors conceded another penalty and Berquist trimmed the deficit to 10-6.

On 28 minutes however, Russell notched another penalty but indiscipline was creeping in for both sides and on the half hour mark, Berquist was at it again to make it 13-9.

The pattern continued but on 33 minutes Russell was off target, however he found his range again just before the break after the Warriors' scrum forced a Treviso infringement.

And the visitors went into the break 19-9 to the good thanks to a booming Mark Bennett penalty from just inside his own half.

The visitors streaked clear at the start of the second half and two minutes in, Seymour had his second try of the match, rounding off a fine move following a delightful pass from Peter Horne.

Russell converted and the Warriors had try number three just five minutes later when prop Reid popped up on the wing and splashed over.

This time Russell was wayward with the conversion but not even a yellow card for Warriors flanker Tyrone Holmes could knock the wind out of their sails.

And just before the hour mark, Seymour completed his hat-trick after referee George Clancy consulted the TMO - this time Russell converted for a commanding 38-9 lead.

It seemed to be a case of job done for the Warriors at that stage with maximum points secured and Treviso dug in to ensure no further scores from the visitors.

They even grabbed a penalty try of their own in the closing stages - after the Warriors' flanker Rob Harley had been sent to the sin bin - to reduce the scoreline to 38-16 but in truth they were well beaten

live commentary 8:00 PM Friday 2 May 2014

{{ comment.matchTime }}


    To be announced, please try back later

    To be announced, please try back later


    To be announced, please try back later

Newsletter sign up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.

sign up